Soloman Associates is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm working with candidates and clients world-wide. We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients, candidates and users of our website. We will ensure that information we collect from you, or that you provide to us is only used and processed by us for the purpose set out in this policy.
“We”, “us” and “our”, refer to Soloman Associates Limited (company number 3759435 registered in England and Wales). We are a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Soloman Associates partners with clients to help solve their talent acquisition challenges by providing recruitment, consultancy and outsourcing services. We also provide services to help candidates progress their career through our Aspirational Matching Technique.
For us to perform our role as an executive search firm, we may collect personal data of candidates, prospects and consultants. This will include but is not limited to name, address, contact details, job title, employment history, skills and qualifications, education, salary and package details, job preferences and requirements, CV/ Resume, personal interests and other relevant information about a candidate to help us place that person in a suitable role.
We may also collect additional personal data such as age, date of birth, gender, ethnic origin, marital status and references as necessary or where the client requires it, for instance where the role in question justifies obtaining that information.
We collect information when:
- you submit your cv/resume to us
- you make enquiries with us about any new job opportunities by calling us or emailing us
- you contact us to find out about our services or express an interest in working with us
- you enter into negotiations or a contract with us
- you have been personally recommended to us
- you appear on company websites
- you provide us with your business card
- you respond to an advertisement posted by us on job boards
- you register to receive our downloadable information, newsletters or other information
- we contact you in the course of us providing recruitment, consultancy services to you
- it is given to us at sales and marketing events, seminars or exhibitions
- it is available from Linkedin, Xing, Google, Zoominfo and other publicly available sources
How We Use Personal Data
We only use your data for the purpose for which we collected it, including:
- where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for a particular purpose
- for the placement of a candidate into a particular employment role
- maintaining records of our candidates, clients and contacts
- maintaining our business relationship
- conducting marketing and business development activities
- to provide our services to you
- where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for a position. We will always obtain your verbal or written consent before presenting your details to a client
- where personal information may be provided to approved third-party processors, who will only process data as per our instructions, this may include our secure database company who are required to take appropriate security measures to protect personal data in line with our policies
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Data
As an Executive Search business, we consider it necessary to process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We use candidate data to provide our recruitment and search services to you and to facilitate our client’s recruitment process. At different stages in the recruitment process we also have other lawful grounds for processing your data. However, if we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. Our candidate and client database is encrypted and we will maintain adequate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of the personal data we hold. We try our best to ensure that data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. In addition, we use appropriate technical and organisational measures and safeguards to help protect your data from unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) where we are legally required to do so, or if deemed necessary.
We reserve the right to transfer personal data to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise. You will be notified in the event of such transfer.
Personal data may be transferred to our clients outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purpose of providing executive search and recruitment service to them. We will notify you beforehand in the event we need to do this and obtain your consent to do so.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary, and for most people where we have limited contact, not longer than 5 years from the date of last contact. After this time some information may be kept in an anonymised format to enable us to put together industry, marketing or employment statistics. Where we no longer need to process your data, we will delete it securely and permanently from our system.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to request:
- access to any personal information we hold about you (also known as data subject access request).
- correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold or to restrict the processing of the personal data whilst the accuracy is being checked.
- erasure of any personal data we hold. this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- objection to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- restriction of the way that we process your personal data.
- transfer of your personal data to another party.
- us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes
You have the Right of Access to the information we hold about you and may want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party. To respond to your request, we may need to ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it.
To get in touch regarding any of your rights above, please email email@example.com, we will then determine the method of transfer of data and comply with the regulatory and timing requirements.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Cookies are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently by storing and remembering useful information, such as user preferences, items added in shopping cart, visited pages or logging in options. See our Cookie Notice for more information.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or disable cookies through the browser settings, you may notice however that if you disable cookies your ability to use some features or areas of our Site may be limited. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Data Protection Administrator
Soloman Associates Limited
Innovation Birmingham Campus
Birmingham Science Park Aston
Faraday Wharf, Holt Street
Effective May 25th 2018